Social media today is a booming industry. The use of social media as an investigative tool by private investigators is relatively new, since social media itself hasn't been around forever. It is an ever-changing platform, but is here to stay, for now. With the millions of people on social media sharing their daily activities, opinions, photos, locations, and more, it would be silly to ignore the wealth of investigative information that can be gathered.
A social media investigation involves using various forms of social media to uncover a plethora of personal information about a subject or subjects. This typically includes, but is not limited to, photos, location information, opinions, political affiliations, friends, family, associates, events, personal details, and daily activities. Our investigations include top sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, but also include dating sites, blogs, and hundreds of other lesser known social media networks.
A social media investigation is more than just a scan through a subject's public Facebook posts. Sometimes, it is difficult just to locate a subject's social media profiles since they may be using an alias or aliases. Their profiles aren't always completely public. Maybe they've deleted incriminating content or deleted an entire profile altogether. These are all reasons why it may behoove you to hire a social media professional to find details that would never be found otherwise. Social media content can sometimes very well be "the smoking gun" of a case. It can provide the one piece of evidence that clinches a case, finds a person, or keeps you from involving yourself with someone who would have likely taken advantage of you in some way.
Our investigator has spent countless hours on social media, learning the ins and outs of each site. She can navigate quickly through numerous social media sites, collecting information on subjects of which the average social media user is oblivious. She has learned tips and tricks from the most well-known and well-respected private investigators and social media professionals in the industry. Rachele' is extremely diligent in her efforts to stay updated on the ever-changing world of social media via and makes it her mission to find it if it's there.
Uses for Social Media Investigations:
- finding missing persons
- locating clients or witnesses
- identifying & collecting evidence of online activity
- developing leads
- uncovering a person's assets
- piecing together a person's daily activities
- determining an individual's connections, associations, friends, & family members
- collecting personal information on individuals
- proving/disproving an individual's claims
- building a character profile
- checking employee social media activity for company policy violations, unauthorized disclosure of company information, and/or misconduct/abuse of time
- providing supplemental to any background, domestic, divorce, child custody, employee, workers' compensation, or other investigation
- investigating stalking or harassment
- uncovering probation or other court order violations
- proving or disproving workers' compensation claims
- researching activities of competitors
- assisting in juror selection
- preparing criminal or civil litigation
- verifying claims made by customers
- vetting aliases
- conducting supplier/vendor/partner investigations